Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
CHRIST THE REDEEMER
Flying through Rio? Schedule a long layover to visit Christ the Redeemer.
Only passing through Rio de Janeiro? With a intentionally-scheduled long layover and some planning, it is possible to see Christ the Redeemer, one the best-known monuments in the world.
Here are a few things to consider:
- A yellow taxi fare from Rio de Janeiro International Airport to Corcovado Train Station will cost approximately $25. If you take a premium taxi service, the fare could be at least 50% more. Taxis are available outside baggage claim.
- A taxi ride from Rio de Janeiro International Airport to Corcovado Train Station will take anywhere from 25 minutes to more than an hour, depending on traffic.
- Corcovado Train Station is open every day from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- A visit to the statue will take approximately two hours. The ride on the cogwheel train lasts approximately 20 minutes. Once at the top, allow yourself at least 45 minutes to appreciate the monument and take photos. You can take the train back down at any time.
- If it’s cloudy, don’t bother with a visit. You’ll be missing out on the incredible views. It’s a lot of trouble to go to for the monument alone.
What airline will pay for you to go on a city tour during a long layover? Click here to find out!